Hello there. I’m Ben Chatelain and this is my reflog.
You’ll find me as
@phatblat on all the things.
Apple Wallet Pass
If you bumped into me at a conference or meetup and are looking for my contact info, tap or click the button below on an Apple device to install my digital business card.
If you are interested in making your own, grab the source of this pass from my phatblat.pass repo.
I work for Kaiser Permanente in the Mobility Center of Excellence. My team maintains a suite of reusable libraries that are used in many internal and external iOS and Android apps. We provide an internal DevOps solution called the Mobile Delivery Pipeline, which includes a custom Gradle plugin (100% Kotlin), a Jenkins Shared Library, and tailored macOS VM image. I also consult with various development teams across our company on mobile app architecture, build and development issues.
Kaiser Permanente app
- iOS & Android
- our “flagship” app used by millions of our members
Every Body Walk!
- iOS & Android
- our first Apple Watch app
- retired in 2017
- iPad app for nurses and doctors to locate staff and equipment located throughout an ER
- used ultrasonic and RFID to track people and things, respectively
I’m a big (phat?) open source contributor and everything I can share is in a public repo on GitHub. There are a lot of dead projects, but here are some of the more interesting ones.
- My dotfiles, with a crazy amount of custom Fish Shell functions
- powerline segment displaying the currently selected version of Xcode
- Outlets - utility library for validating storyboard/xib connections
- Gradle Plugins
- Tube - a generic, simple pipeline for Jenkins
- xcode-installer - obsolete precursor to xcode-install
I’m a core contributor on some projects you may have heard of.
- mas - Mac App Store command line
- Quick & Nimble - testing frameworks for Apple platforms
- ObjectiveGit - Objective-C bindings to libgit2
Note that the source of this blog is in a different repo than the generated static content.